Areas of Focus


Family law 

Family law issues are among the most stressful legal issues that we face during our lifetime. But, these issues extend far beyond the law and often involve emotional, financial, religious, political, and social consideration. The firm provides consultation and representation with pre-nuptials, separation, divorce, child support, relocation, and visitation.


Adoption is as old as the law itself. The first adoption is described in Exodus 2:1-10, which many of us know as the story of Moses. Robert Lusk has a passion for adoption and provides consultation and representation for birth-parents as well as potential adoptive parents. The initial consultation for adoption representation is always free.



The Lusk Law Firm also provides representation in matters of basic estate planning and administration, as well as conservatorships, guardianships, mental health commitments, name changes, and other probate matters.

Guardian ad litem

Robert Lusk is certified by the Alabama Administrative Office of the Courts as a guardian ad litem. He began lecturing on the special responsibilities of guardian ad litems before state certification was required and served on the task force that was responsible for implementing certification requirements for Alabama's guardians ad litems. Robert Lusk is a trainer in the certification program and uses his knowledge and experience to advocate the best interests of those who cannot protect themselves; our children.

Professional Licensure Representation

Professional licensing issues impact a person's livelihood, earning potential, and reputation. The firm provides consultation and representation to professionals (lawyers, judges, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, podiatrists, accountants, chiropractors, real estate appraisers, agents, other licensed professionals, and government employees) in matters involving compliance with administrative rules and regulations and with licensing and discipline issues.


Parental Relocation

​Court-ordered custody arrangements can work well for years, especially when both parents live in the same town. However, what happens when the custodial parent wants to move to another town, or out-of-state? What if the non-custodial parent opposes the move because he or she will lose precious visitation time with the child? In this situation, the custodial parent will likely have to go to court, and ask a judge for permission to move the child out-of-state. These “move-away cases” are among the most difficult of custody disputes.

                                        CALL US.